Elementary Education Certified Teacher (3rd Grade)
- Support third grade students’ academic and socio-emotional development
- Set student performance and growth goals and work to achieve those goals
- Collaborate with leadership to implement the School’s mission and goals
- Align the core curriculum with Common Core State Standards.
- Participate in the implementation of systems to assess student achievement.
- Model the school’s mission, values and standards for professional behavior.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- New York State Elementary Education certification (required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies, including students, parents, trustees, BwC representatives, community members, and donors.
- Understand the nuances of urban school environments and school culture.
- Experience teaching elementary.
- Master’s degree.
- Minimum 1 year teaching experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
The successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about providing high quality education to students in an underserved urban community.
- Relentless in his/her drive to improve the minds and lives of the students in and out of school.
- Humble, reflective and willing to continually improve.
- A teacher with maturity, confidence, wisdom and collaborative skills necessary to garner the trust and confidence of board members, faculty, staff, students, parents, and others within the school community.
- An individual with a high level of integrity and work ethic who can inspire through example.
- An individual who promotes consistent standards of excellence in teaching and learning throughout the school.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Beginning with Children Charter School 2, please contact Mike Ferrara (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Yvette Ferrara (email@example.com). Thank you.